Gainesville Dental Arts offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Gainesville, Virginia. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gainesville Dental Arts.
Consistent, regular dental teeth cleanings have a multitude of benefits. Our dentists at Gainesville Dental Arts recommend that you get a cleaning every six months and this can be a way to prevent many of the issues that can occur from disease or decay.
- Regular teeth cleanings keep your smile brighter – Drinking coffee, tea and wine or using tobacco can stain your teeth. A dental cleaning can remove built-up stains and leave you with freshly polished teeth. The result? A whiter, brighter smile!
- Regular teeth cleanings can ensure early detection of dental problems –The whitish film that builds up on your teeth is called plaque and is the leading cause of tooth decay. This acidic substance eats away at the tooth enamel and, if left unattended, can lead to cavities.
- Regular teeth cleanings can interrupt gum and bone disease (periodontal) disease – Regular brushing and cleanings can head off the affects of gum disease and help to reduce the number of infections that you have.
- Regular teeth cleanings can improve your overall health – It is a fact. Diseases in the mouth are associated with diabetes, cardiovascular disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Prevents tooth loss – Gum disease, which starts with built-up plaque, is a major cause of tooth loss in adults. As gum disease advances, plaque moves further down the tooth where it can destroy the supporting bone in your jaw, causing teeth to loosen and fall out.
- Regular teeth cleanings can detect early oral cancer – Oral cancer is on the rise. Having regular dental checkups can allow you to prevent oral cancers because of early detection. Our dentist at Gainesville Dental Arts will be able to notice the signs early to be sure that you are able to get treatment as early as possible.
- Freshens your breath – Good oral hygiene is the best way to prevent persistent bad breath. Even if you brush and floss regularly, getting a cleaning is a great way to keep your mouth healthy and odor-free.
- Save Money – Prevention is less expensive than cure. Dental problems become extensive and increasingly expensive if they worsen. For patients on a budget it is the way to go. If you take advantage of Gainesville Dental Arts plans for regular dental teeth cleanings now, you may be able to save money in the long run by helping to protect your oral health and potentially avoiding more costly and extensive procedures.